Classwork - Oct. 15, B - Team)
I gave you two documents.
The first is an argument tracker (The Crucible is big on argument, especially ones that have "fallacy" written all over them, a warranted posture since so much of the argumentation used to support the trials and condemn the victims were a veritable hot zone of the virus of logical fallacy). You should use the .docx document to expand and track your arguments. I have posted it on the resources page for your convenience.
The second is a response to a quote from the overture. Use a pen or pencil for this response. You may use the back of the sheet, but no more than that. I will post that one also on the resources page.
* complete any analysis you should have posted on your website, including the analysis of the Overture from Act I.
* quizlet link to the rhetorical terms list 2 is here: http://quizlet.com/53577973/hhseng3ap-rhetorical-terms-list-2-flash-cards/
* Work on your argument tracker
* Complete the quick write Free Response Question
* Visit this link: http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-10-14/ebola-makes-sierra-leones-soccer-team-ultimate-outcast
Read about another example of what Miller describes as the paradox of maintaining order while allowing freedom. Research how some people/countries/groups handle the potential presence of the Cruciblian "witch-craftery" of ebola virus, and how victims respond.
Research topics that involve mass hysteria. You will be assigned to a group who will research and present on a "hysteria" topic.
Have a great 48 hours.