- "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathon Swift - pg. 624 in Brit Lit Book
- "Shooting an Elephant" by George Orwell - pg. 1252
- "The Rocking-horse Winner" by D.H. Lawrence - pg. 1154
- "The Hollow Men" by TS Eliot - pg. 1120
- "Do not Go Gentle" by Dylan Thomas - pg. 1182
Your job was to compare/contrast 3 of the five works, and make a claim about similarities and differences they share. The three could have similar arguments/themes/messages or perhaps they all address a particular "batting stance" we discussed in class: Marxism, feminism, psychoanalytical, New Historical/multicultural.